Thursday, June 06, 2013

"You can save all of them..."



I assume Jor-El is referring to the moving-going public.  I think it's fair to say I am more excited about Man Of Steel than any movie since The Phantom Menace, and we all know how that turned out.  If recent history is any judge, not many of the big budget remakes, sequels and adaptations live up to expectations.  In fact, the last time a movie that I was really, REALLY excited about met or exceeded my inflated expectations was probably The Fellowship of the Ring.  And before that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade or Return of the Jedi.  I know I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment, but if the trailers and TV ads are any indication, it looks like they may have just nailed it.  I'll let you know in seven days.

No comments: