Thursday, May 04, 2006

Classic Arnold



I have a weakness, one that is shared by some who occasion this blog -- Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. His movies are revered for many reasons, but among them is Arnold's ability to come up with the perfect one-liner in any given situation.

Do you know all of them? Take the quiz..

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?id=13858&origin=3086

For a list of all his one liners...

http://optimusfilms.20m.com/arnold/80s.html

The movies with the best one-liners are:

Predator
"If it bleeds we can kill it"

Commando
"Don't disturb my friend... he's dead tired"

Running Man
"What happened to Buzzsaw?"
"He had to split"

His best however, isnt' a one-liner. If fact, it might be the greatest line uttered in cinema history. When asked by a Mongol general what is best in life, Conan responds...
http://eraticate.com/opf/arnold/crush.wav

3 comments:

ted said...

I think that general was a Hyrkanian.

Arnold churned out a load of crappy action movies in the eighties and I love every one of them. My dad started taking me and Eric to see them with Commando and it was the number one coolest movie I had ever seen up to that point (quick bit of Commando trivia: the guy who played the main baddie Bennet and looked like my eighth grade math teacher, Mr. Meshelle, was the same actor who tenderly portrayed Wez, the mohawk wearing biker in The Road Warrior). After that it was all downhill and we saw every one of them. Commando, Raw Deal, Predator, Red Heat, Running Man, Total Recall, Terminator 2, True Lies. Each and every one of these movies (except for maybe T2) is really a total turn from just about every standpoint, but I just can't quit liking them.

It's kind of like Taco Bell, I guess. I know it's no damn good and I know what it will do to me, but I just can't quit it and everyone else understands because it's the same way with them.

Tim Lewis said...

I got all 10 right!

I believe it was in Eraser, Arnie shoots an alligator in the head that was living in a giant aquarium and is now coming after him quickly quipping, "You're luggage."

And I believe the same movie where his enemy is locked in a car on the train tracks. When the train smashes into the car his friend asks what happened to him. Arnold replies, "He caught a train."

Why I remember every single one of these, I don't know. I just do.

SHAZAM! said...

I got 9/10. I missed the one from Total Recall: "See you at the party Rictor!"

My favorite Arnie movies are Conan, T2, Terminator, Predator, and True Lies.

My favorites to make fun of are Commando and Raw Deal.