Thursday, May 04, 2006

Classic Arnold



I have a weakness, one that is shared by some who occasion this blog -- Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. His movies are revered for many reasons, but among them is Arnold's ability to come up with the perfect one-liner in any given situation.

Do you know all of them? Take the quiz..

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?id=13858&origin=3086

For a list of all his one liners...

http://optimusfilms.20m.com/arnold/80s.html

The movies with the best one-liners are:

Predator
"If it bleeds we can kill it"

Commando
"Don't disturb my friend... he's dead tired"

Running Man
"What happened to Buzzsaw?"
"He had to split"

His best however, isnt' a one-liner. If fact, it might be the greatest line uttered in cinema history. When asked by a Mongol general what is best in life, Conan responds...
http://eraticate.com/opf/arnold/crush.wav

2 comments:

Tim said...

I got all 10 right!

I believe it was in Eraser, Arnie shoots an alligator in the head that was living in a giant aquarium and is now coming after him quickly quipping, "You're luggage."

And I believe the same movie where his enemy is locked in a car on the train tracks. When the train smashes into the car his friend asks what happened to him. Arnold replies, "He caught a train."

Why I remember every single one of these, I don't know. I just do.

Jake Shore said...

I got 9/10. I missed the one from Total Recall: "See you at the party Rictor!"

My favorite Arnie movies are Conan, T2, Terminator, Predator, and True Lies.

My favorites to make fun of are Commando and Raw Deal.